Thursday, June 25, 2009

Show and Tell Friday - Emmy Girl

Today on Show and Tell I am going to share a special little book of my daughter's that I bought for her this last Easter. It is about a little girl and her lamb. An earlier post, Hinds Feet on High Places, explains why I really like that image. You can go to it here. The little girl in the book's name is Emmy. That is an affectionate name my husband calls our daughter on occasion. It is short for Mary Ellen, M.E., or Emmy! Most of the time we call her Mary but if you ask her what her name is, she will say, "Emmy." I discovered she called herself that one day when I heard her talking to herself and making up a little story and she referred to herself as Emmy. The book is so sweet about this little girl, Emmy, who bottle feeds this little lamb that can't be nursed by his mom. She takes care of him, names him Timothy, and keeps him until he is big enough to live on his own. I have included some pictures from the book. My favorite one is where the little girl is hugging the lamb. It is the same pose as the figurine I bought Mary from Willow Creek figurine collection that I have it in her room. I have also included some pictures of Mary looking at the book. For more Show and Tell posts you can click on the icon above and go there.





















11 comments:

momma said...

oh my! i have that book. i had it when i was a little girl. i loved (and still do) love it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

:O)

Carol said...

I love children's books! It's so great that you are buying great books for Mary to enjoy.

Susan said...

Great Show & Tell with your little daughter enjoying her book about the precious Lamb. Teaching her and preparing her heart for The Lamb of God.
Susan

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Such a sweet book. Pretty illustratiions. Books are so important for children to have and to love.

Iris

Anonymous said...

How very special and meaningful.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

How cute and sweet! Kristine

Linda C said...

I have that book- I think we still do. I remember the little lamb on the cover!:)

Such a sweet name "Emmy"- and Mary too:)

Thanks for sharing these precious and sweet moments with Mary.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, dear Elena~

Hugs,
Linda

Myrtle said...

My little granddaughter loved that book when she was smaller. Her name is Emily, but we call her Emmy. That was one of the reasons she loved the book so well.
Little Mary is so sweet.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

That's a very cute book--I remember it from when oldest dd was little as she had one. Mary is such a little sweetie and I love her nickname☺

Julie Bagamary said...

Cute book. There's a sheep/lamb farm nearby our home.