My Hero
You are my hero, woven in my dreams
and in my thoughts, when the telephone rings
You are the man that sings those songs
woven in you heart
songs to God, sung in the dark
You are a man I know so well
and I think about it when I see the sea shells
You are my hero, my wild stallion
lover of garden salads with scallions
So complex, yet a man of simple joys
like Christmas lights and getting the lids on tight
You are a man of memories all bottled up tight
and when love draws near, they come to light
You are a man of dreams and schemes
and you have come to me
my hero woven in my dreams
You are my hero, woven in my dreams
and in my thoughts, when the telephone rings
You are the man that sings those songs
woven in you heart
songs to God, sung in the dark
You are a man I know so well
and I think about it when I see the sea shells
You are my hero, my wild stallion
lover of garden salads with scallions
So complex, yet a man of simple joys
like Christmas lights and getting the lids on tight
You are a man of memories all bottled up tight
and when love draws near, they come to light
You are a man of dreams and schemes
and you have come to me
my hero woven in my dreams

3 comments:
That is a beautiful poem. You two are so talented.
Enda
that was wonderful! I know you make Rich very happy!
Love you guys!
Wendy
Beautiful! Kristine
Post a Comment