Monday, June 23, 2008

I Love Garage Sales!!

Now that the weather has warmed up here in Oregon, garage sales are every where. So, for the last few Saturday mornings, Rich has watched Mary and I have gone driving around our neighborhood and other subdivisions near by. Mary has a lot of toys but most of them has come from garage sales. I keep weeding out ones she has outgrown and I give them away so she is not overwhelmed by too many toys. I also rotate them so she doesn't have them all at once. The first picture is of a Fisher Price electronic book. I got the electronic book plus extra book and cartridge for the big price of $2.00. I looked on line through Amazon.com and this combo was listed at around $40 and the next pic is of a Leap Frog music table I got for a $1.00 and that was priced new at $39.00 on the Leap Frog website. Then the last pic is from this Saturday. It shows a few toys I got for Mary. I also got 2 pairs of shoes for her, 6 items of kids clothes, 2 cookbooks, 2 children's books and 3 more toys for a grand total of $12.00! I guess it is the treasure hunter in me that finds garage sales to be so much fun:)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool! you and my mom would have great fun. she is a garage sale addict! im not allowed. we dont have anymore room!! ahaha
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you enjoy finding treasures and bargains just like Mel and I do. Enda