Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Children of the World

Last Sunday was Missions Sunday at my church. The guest speaker was a missionary to children all over the world. His organization concentrates on child evangelism. It was a very powerful and moving message. It made me think of the little Bolivian boy we support through World Vision. We have sent him regular support for 6 years now and occasionally we are able to send him an extra gift of money. Yesterday we received a letter from him and I wanted to share it with you:
Dear Sponsor,
I am very happy to get your gift once again, I'm very happy and thankful for the great gift you sent me. I used the money to buy socks, underwear, a pair of sneakers, a pair of sandals and I shared all things with my siblings. All of us are very happy because now I have sneakers and my siblings also got what they really needed. We thank you a lot for making all my family smile. My parents send you many greetings and they're also thankful and happy. I'll be praying for you and your family, may God bless you today and always. I'm very happy to get nice news dear sponsor. I thank you for everything and I finish this letter with a big hug.
Sincerely,
Marcos
Marcos is a small Indian boy, living in the Andes above La Paz in a village called Carnavi. He doesn't have much but he sure is a sweet and happy boy. It is amazing how what we consider a small amount of money can mean so much to him! He is getting an education and a good meal everyday because of what we send each month. I have his picture on the side of this blog. If you click on his picture it will take you to the website where you can sponsor a child through World Vision. The plight of the children of the world is very dark but we can make a difference through praying for and giving to Christian organizations that are working to help them and lead them to the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That’s so great!! We have supported World Vision for probably 33 years. The kids grow up and they give us new ones.



On Dr. Phil the other day they were saying that spoiling kids with everything they want all the time is actually abuse, because the kids learn to never be satisfied no matter how much they get.



What a contrast to the kids who can be excited over the smallest gift.

Kristine

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's cool, Elena. I think it's neat that you're able to give to your sponsored child. We sponsor a child (Luis) through World Vision, but I have never had the opportunity to send a gift to him/his family like that. I'm not sure if I overlook it through the mail (because I don't read all my world vision mail) or what.

I don't usually write to him either. I know some people communicate back and forth.

So how are you liking your new church? that's cool they had a missionary guest speaker. :)

Selina