Friday, October 10, 2008

Share and Tell Friday

Show and Tell

My Share and Tell item is a figurine of a Schnauzer dog with a dog tag attached to it. I keep it on a shelf above my computer desk. It is in memory of my sweet little dog, Willy. He died at the ripe old age of 14 and that was 8 years ago. He died on October 12, 2000. I loved that little dog very much and he was such a comfort during my years of being single. He was always my little buddy, loving and happy. I have not owned a dog since. We plan on getting a dog again when our daughter is about 5 or 6 years old. We would like to get a puppy that is a terrier and poodle mix. We would like her to have a little buddy to love and cuddle:)




Here are a few pictures of Willy during his happy years with me.

Have a blessed weekend. Love, Elena
To see more Share and Tell treasures go to Kelli's blog at There is no place like home.





9 comments:

Carla said...

Blogger bumped my comment, so I'm trying again! Love your little loved one reminder! My first dog was Sissy Cowbell that we got when I was two. She held such a special spot in my heart! Thank you for sharing today, and reminding me of my dear loyal friend!

Grammy said...

I am so sorry for your loss of Willy. But love the memory your have of him in the figurine. I know the loss you feel. I had to let go of Bear at age 18 Gracy 12 and the hardest was Candy at 14. She was the last of my original cats. It took me 2 years before crash stole my heart and now I have Reba too.

Anonymous said...

I thought the figurine was real when I first looked at it. What a sweet idea for a memory. :)

Pink Slippers said...

Very cute. So real like.

Kathi said...

Elena, What a sweet dog and such great idea to get the figurine in memory of him. Very cute Elena. Kathi

Wow, you are just one generation away from being Amish. That is amazing. I can imagine your father being a very hard worker.

Carrie said...

What a lovely reminder of your beloved pet.

Kelli said...

What a sweet treasure, Elena. It sounds like Willy was a wonderful friend.
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog and must say that your family is wonderful testimony...

Grace Acres said...

I love the christmas pic of you and willy. Cute!