Friday, October 17, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

Show and Tell
It is Show and Tell Friday and my special thing to share this week is a lamp that my husband made me when we first started dating. He customized it for me by asking me what scripture I would like to put on it. I gave him Song of Solomon 2:10-12 because that is how I felt when I first started dating him. My winter of singleness was over and a time for celebration had come. During a 7-year period of time, in my life, God had given me the timing of when my beloved, the one I would marry, would come into my life. Rich was that man! I had confirmation beyond myself that he was the one! This lamp is an example of my husband's talent. It is ceramic and fired in a kiln. He invented a special process to make the design hollow, which allows light to shine through. It is beautiful and I love it. He makes all kinds of lovely lamps and I am so proud of him!

Have a great weekend! For more Show and Tell treasures go to Kelli's blog.



















11 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I've never seen anything like this before, it's super.

My show n tell is posted...come on over.

Tammy said...

What a treasure, and an heirloom for your daughter.

Grammy said...

what a wonderful husband he is very creative. I love the lamp.
Have a great week.
Grammy

Anonymous said...

I have always thought his lamps were beautiful.

Enda

Anonymous said...

Is he an artist? Does he these things for living or is that just hobby? Anyway, this lamp is beautiful.

Carla said...

Oh my, that is beautiful! I'm sure it makes you smile when you see it also!

Anonymous said...

What a one of a kind treasure...and the lamp is lovely too!

Blessings,
Susie

Kelli said...

What a wonderful treasure, Elena! Your husband does beautiful work!
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Kristine

Kathi said...

Oh what a pretty lamp. Rich is very talented. That is so special, Elena. Kathi

Jane said...

The lamp is beautiful. I am enjoying your pictures and stories today.