Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Girly Fun!!

I had some girly fun this weekend. Mary wanted her toe nails painted so I did it for her for the first time and she just loved it!! I also made her a little skirt from a curtain valance that I got a garage sale for 25 cents. I also sewed on some little bells and I told her it was her fairy skirt. She really likes the bells. It is so fun to have a little girl and do all those frilly and fun things. She definitely is all girl. She has taken to wanting to put on dresses all the time. Of course I am eating all this up!! We had another lovely weekend and we are enjoying the fall weather. It has finally really cooled down. Rich will be buying the supplies we need to put up our greenhouse for the winter. He plans to expand it so we can have a few more plants in there. So I am really excited about that. I hope all of you are having a great week. The LOrd bless and keep you all!



10 comments:

Becky K. said...

It is so fun to have a girl. Chelsea and I like our "girl" nights together where we do pedicures/manicures in the living room while watching some movie that would make the boys crazy.

They hang out downstairs with their Dad watching something that we wouldn't like.

It is nice to see your creativity!
Mary is such a doll!

Becky K.

Linda C said...

What a cute idea, Elena!:) Isn't it fun having a little girl?

I know that we overdosed on pink when Amanda was born:) After five boys it was quite a change!

Both of your toes are beautiful!! This stuff is so fun--loved the video!

Hugs,
Linda

Carol said...

What fun! The skirt is so cute!

FeeBeeKay said...

I love that picture of your feet and Mary's little feet inside them. I agree with you about little girls - it is wonderful to have all these feminine things to share, and watch them grow up enjoying all the sweet 'pink' things in life! Mary is such a special little princess! Fiona x

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Elena! What an utterly delightful idea to put bells on her skirt!! I know she LOVES them! What a good Mommy you are!
.25 skirt is awesome and so cute!!

And of course the two sets of toes are so much fun! What a great pic!!

We have 4 girls, you know, and have had so much fun with each one!!

Have a Happee Wednesday and thank you for being such a lovely blossom in the garden of my life!

HUGS,
Becky

Rose of Sharon said...

What a great idea to make a skirt out of a valance! You're just like Scarlet O'Hara and made something from the window! LOL! I love the painted toes. It must be soooo much fun to have a little girl. I am hoping to be blessed with granddaughters some day!

Hugs, Sharon

Anonymous said...

That was a creative idea, making the skirt with bells on it. The video was cute. You can tell Mary likes those bells! You both have pretty red toe nails.

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute picture of the two pair of feet. I can only imagine the fun and joy you get from Mary. I, too, am enjoying the fall weather. I have my youngest brother and sister-in-law here until Thursday. They have really helped me with the tree trimming. Fall and spring are my favorite seasons. fall because I know the yard work will slow down for several months. I have a couple of more projects that need to be done before cold weather. Hope the weather co-operates and I can get at least 2 of them done this week-end before my English friends get here.
Have a good rest of the week. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Hugs to all of you
Enda

Anonymous said...

Thanks Elena. Mary is so lucky to have such a wonderful mother!!!

Susan

Kathi said...

Elena, Mother daughter time is so precious. These pictures are adorable. You have a beautiful relationship with your daughter that is evident. God bless you as you continue to raise her for His glory. Kathi