Saturday, September 5, 2009

That Takes the Cake!

The cake I baked for Rich was a chocolate and raspberry affair! I baked a chocolate cake with a whole package of chocolate chips in the batter. Then I put chocolate raspberry mouse filling between the layers. Then I frosted it with chocolate frosting and decorated it with fresh raspberries and Baily's Irish Cream chocolates. Did I mention it had chocolate in it!! It turned out pretty yummy. Mary had so much fun watching me decorate it and helping me by sampling the chocolate frosting. We lost the video of her helping. Somehow it didn't get saved to our hard drive correctly before we erased it off the camera. Oh well that is how it goes! But I did get a few shots of her with it.


My helper


Happy Birthday Daddy (or I want a big bite)!

Since we lost the video of her with the cake I have included a few video clips as a blast from the past. I am just so amazed how much she has grown in these 3 short years. I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Labor Day weekend!




8 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Elena! Wow gal, you did a great job on that cake! Bet he really loved it! Love your new blog look, too sweetie! Your blog is just inviting, peaceful and warm!! Love to visit with you!!

Hope your weekend is wonderful! We are having a great time!!

Love and hugs,
Becky

Carol said...

Rich's cake looks yummy & delicious! I can almost taste it! Great job!

Blessings,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Was the raspberry mouse a mix or did you make it? One of my friend's and I love raspberry anything. I have a recipe for white chocolate raspberry cake that I am going to make and she and I will try it out before we share. The cake you baked Rich was beautiful. Did Mary like it as well as she liked helping you???
I had one of ,my neighbors dog here all day so did not get any outside work done. They had soccer tournaments in Texas today.

Love,
Enda

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Mmm mmm, that cake not only sounds scrumptious but looks it as well. I think your dh was quite blessed to be the recipient of it.

The pics of Mary are so cute--that daddy's birthday excitement is so obvious in the pictures.

♥Heidi

Myrtle said...

Wow! I wish I had a piece of that beautiful cake. It looks delicious.
Little Mary is always so beautiful.
Lots of love my friend

momma said...

that cake looks delicious!!

Sue said...

Hi Elena,
Being a chocolate lover, I would have been in chocolate heaven eating a piece of this beautiful cake. I think Mary was both wishing daddy a Happy Birthday and wanting a piece of cake too.
I so enjoyed the video of Mary when she was a newborn, and just watching and listening to all of you just brought so much joy to me, that is one beautiful and LOVED baby and now CHILD, and I tell both you and Rich, continue to enjoy every single moment because the years will pass swiftly!, now before you start crying, jut let me remind you of the joys of being grandparents. lol

After seeing this video , and of how much you both love children i understand so well your heart for children of World Vision!
Blessings to you all,
Sue

Madison said...

I can't wait either! I thought I would use some of the broaches on cards and probably use some of the beads for jewelry!