I have been busy with nuts and raisins! I finished up shelling all the nuts that I picked up on our drive way from our neighbor's tree. I made them into sugared nuts. If you would like the recipe you can go here. I just did sugared nuts last year but this year a friend gave us a whole bunch of grapes and I made raisins. So added the raisins to the mix. It turned out really good! I think I will call my mix, Ruth Chapter 2 mix, because I made it from gleaning from a crop I did not grow. Mary had a lot of fun watching me. She was strong enough this year to crack one or two small walnuts and she was so excited. I'm sure in a few years I will turn the cracking over to her! I bagged the mix into goody bags and put red bows on them. They are going to be some our Christmas gifts this year. Finances are a little tighter now because of us being in the start up phase of our lamp business. Here are a few pictures I took. My Christmas cactus is a Thanksgiving cactus this year. I brought it inside a little bit earlier this year and the warmth caused to set it buds on sooner than past years. It gets bigger each year!






4 comments:
I am enjoying my cactus too Elena, sometimes they bloom for me at Thanksgiving other times at Christmas, and I think i will have some for both holidays. Loved what you did with nuts and raisins, and the photo of Mary looking through the jar is adorable.I always enjoy homemade gifts better than anything.
Wishing you and your family a most blessed Thanksgiving, and praying that your Lamp business will boom this year and beyond.
HUgs,
Sue
Wow, your cactus is so pretty. My grandmother use to have a cactus like that, I always loved to see what time it really bloomed throughout the year.
We are also trying to do more homemade gifts this year. I think they add a personal touch to the Christmas season.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Homemade gifts are the best!
Your ThanksChristmas cactus is looking good!
So glad that Mary is able to help a bit more this year--isn't it great having a daughter who loves to be mommy's helper?
Hoping that you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Hugs from Heidi
Post a Comment