I am trying my hand at raisin making. Some friends at church have a loaded grapevine and they gave us a bunch of Thompson Seedless Grapes. I got out our food dehydrator and loaded it up with grapes. It took a couple of days but they turned into really yummy raisins. Here is how they started out ....
and this is how they ended up...
I also have been cracking the walnuts that have fallen on our drive way from our neighbors tree.
I plan on making a sugared walnut and raisin mix for Christmas again this year. I told Rich I think I will call it a Ruth Chapter Two mix. Ruth chapter 2 in the Bible tells about Ruth gleaning in the fields. That is how I feel, by reaping the fruits from a harvest I did not work to make happen. I just got a little bit from the corners of the field :)
5 comments:
I don't know anyone who has ever made raisins. Well, I do know one person now :-) That's really cool!
These look just yummy, Elena!! Great job on the raisins- I am so impressed!:)
We have been eating walnuts lately- a handful here and there because they are so healthy. Yours look delish!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Linda
That sounds so good!
Your blog post title is very fitting! :)
Oh Elena, I love the Ruth chapter two mix idea Your raisins turned out beautifully, and I can't believe you get to gather English walnuts right in your yard, how cool is this as they are my favorite nut.
I tried drying grapes one year in my dehydrator, and they were so yummy that I had almost eaten them all before they were dried. (true story) LOL
We have been gleaning our local farmer's field for sweet potatoes this year, and like you I was thinking about how Boaz let Ruth have the best, as our farmer friend didn't gather these potatoes and left us the best. This is one of the great love stories in scriptures.
Enjoy your beautiful bounty.
Hugs,
Sue
Elena, I have enjoyed reading your posts. I love your Ruth mixes. What a great idea, and you are teaching Mary to be frugal. God bless you, Kathi
Post a Comment