Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ballerina Dreams

Mary has always loved to dance and is thrilled every time she gets to dress up like a ballerina. Yesterday I took her to a little dance studio where her little friend is taking ballet lessons.  She just loved the idea  and wanted to take lessons too.  So I signed her up for the beginner class.  I bought her a special pair of ballet slippers.  She wore them around the house and just danced away.  Like I said from the time she could walk she has always loved to dance.  Here is a picture in her outfit:


Here is a video of Mary when she was two.  I had just finished sewing her tutu and put it on her for the first time.  She did all the dance moves without any coaching.  She did it all on her own.  As I watched I noticed how the tutu looked so big.  She has the same tutu on the picture above but she is a little bit bigger!  The class does little recitals.  I think it will be so cute to see her perform with the other little kids in her class!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute video. I like how Mary is watching her dancing on the oven door! I think Mary is going to enjoy her ballerina lessons!

Sue said...

Oh! Elena, I almost cried! Where has time gone, Mary is growing up so fast.She is adorable, and it is wonderful that she is taking ballet, our youngest g-daughter takes it and loves it so much. Please share Mary's recital when it comes.
I read your previous post, and the photo of Mary praying is priceless, I know when God saw her, His ears leaned a little closer to earth. Oh! how He longs for us as His children to become as humble as a child. I applaud you and Rich for your parenting , you both are such an inspiration.
Hugs,
Sue

Miller Racing Family said...

Love the video. The little ballerina outfit is so cute. I wish that they would offer that type of class around our area. Maybe when Lila is older they will.
Have a great Sunday!

JD/ Jill said...

How adorable!

Becky K. said...

She is so very cute in her tutu. I am happy for you that you are able to take video to remember these moments as she grows older.

Have a very wonderful evening.

Tirzah said...

Oh, she is just too sweet!

Leah said...

Lexi used to take ballet when she was around Mary's age. She loved it. She wants to start doing it again maybe this year.

Linda C said...

Oh, Elena, I remember this older video- where has the time gone? She looks so little.:)

Mary makes a sweet little ballerina -- I bet she is going to love class!!

Amanda too gymnastics when she was 6-7 and loved it.

Hugs,
Linda