Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes

Mary and I went shoe shopping today.  She had a Kohls gift card that she had gotten for her birthday and I decided to wait until after the first of the year for a good sale on shoes to get her a pair.  All the people that know me well know that I love shoes, especially baby and little tike shoes.  I think I bought all my girlfriends kids at least one pair of shoes.  When I was little and my folks would get me a new pair of shoes my mom said that I loved them so much I would want to sleep with them.  I can remember crying and feeling really sad when I would wear a pair out or break them.  It 's funny I don't have a zillion shoes now and I only have about 3 pair that I wear regularly but I still love shoes.  That is my favorite thing to go and get Mary.  So we headed off to Kohls today.  We had a lot to choose from.  I liked the first pair she tried on as they looked like little maccosines but I found another pair that I loved even more.  They were a great deal.  I saved over 50% and Mary wanted to wear them.  So I paid for them, took the price tag off and let her wear them down to the little play area.  She had a blast playing with the kids there and then we stopped at Wendy's and got lunch and took it home to daddy.  We had such a fun time.




9 comments:

Carol said...

I love shoes too! My parents owned a shoe store. What memories! Even as an adult they would let me pick out a few new pairs for my teaching job before school started.

Smiles,
Carol

Tirzah said...

Those are cute!! Sounds like a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

Look at all those pink boxes! It looks like Mary likes her new shoes!

JD/ Jill said...

It does look like a fun day. Brings back my memories of working in a shoe store. I can't say that I really miss that job. smile...

Sue said...

From one shoe girl to another I just adore those two pairs, and do you have size 9. I used to love to go shopping with Susan, and it seems as though you and Mary are having fun too.
I enjoyed your memory of your love for shoes.

I love your new blog makeover too.
Enjoy the week and hope Mary gets more snow to play in.
Hugs,
Sue

Miller Racing Family said...

How fun. I love the little boots. I can't wait to go shoe shopping with Miss. Lila. Hope you all have a great day1

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Shoe shopping with your daughter--it doesn't get much better than that! Love the ones she chose, too.

Hugs from Heidi

Terry said...

Howdy Elena
Oh wow I would love to wear those shoes they are fabulous !!!
I too love shoes although I find I am to practical to ever own more than I need at any given time.
Thank you so much for sharing these delightful images with us .
I felt all giddy and as excited as if I was right there with you .Thank you for making a dreary day so full of happiness and sunshine warmth.
Your precious shoe model is so adorable !!!!!
Take care now
Until next time
Happy Trails

Kathi said...

It looks like such a fun and lovely day with your daughter. Cute shoes. Kathi