Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Fun

We had a great weekend. Mary made us laugh when we went to the bank.  She wanted some money so Rich offered her a $5 bill and she didn't want it!  She wanted real money, coins!  So we got a gold colored dollar coin.  She was thrilled.  We both smiled and just thought of the simple joys of a 4 year old.  On Saturday Rich made a wonderful Rib Eye Roast for dinner.  We ate mid afternoon.  Later in the evening I made bread sticks coated with butter, cinnamon and sugar.  I made the dough in our bread maker, so they were really fresh and really yummy.  I also worked on a couple of pages in my scrapbook.  They were of our Christmas activities this year.  I just love the Smile Box website for doing scrapbooks.  I make a 7 or 8 page electronic scrapbook and then print one page to put in my scrapbook and then burn a DVD of it and make a label for it and put it in the book, so we can play the full length scrapbook pages on the TV.  I also include cards or other memorabilia connected with the holiday or event that I am scrap booking about.  I started doing this when I had filled up Mary's baby book.  I did a scrapbook/baby book for her up until she was three.  Now I just do the holidays and special events that we do as a family.  Here are some of the pages I have done in the last year.






On Sunday after church we went to a birthday party for one of Mary's little friends in Sunday School.  They had it at a local pizza parlor.  Mary really enjoyed the rings in the gift bags that they gave to all the kids.  She also enjoyed playing the arcade games with her dad.  I think dad enjoyed it to!!



8 comments:

Miller Racing Family said...

It does look like you all had a ball. We have also learned that when we give Trey coins it means so much more than bills.
I love all Miss. Mary's rings. Oh, the scrapbooks are beautiful. I have never got into scrapbooking. I just print off the blog book once a year.
Hope you have a great day!

Yolanda said...

Elena, you have a lovely family. Mary is a cutie. I live in Oregon too. I live in Mcminnvile.

Sue said...

What a wonderful treasure you have not only for you all to enjoy now, but to be enjoyed for many years. Elena you do such a beautiful job with the videos and of making your photo book.
Mary is really growing up so fast, and I know she continues to bring so much joy to you both. I aways enjoy my visits.
Hugs,
Sue

JD/ Jill said...

This brought back a very special memory for me, I'll share it will you later. Your scrapbook pages are beautifully done, What treasures you are creating for Mary.

Anonymous said...

You had a wonderful weekend indeed! You've made good use of Smilebox; I love the scrapbook pages that you made.

Becky K. said...

Yep! Sure does look like they are having fun playing those games.

I love your scrapbook pages. Makes me feel like getting my things out and getting to work...but I must make candles tonight.

Kathi said...

Your scrapbooks are so nice Elena. Mary will treasure them some day. Kathi

Linda C said...

I love your scrapbook pages- so pretty! You are so smart to keep current on these. I have TONS of pictures to put into scrapbooks- a little overwhelming, but I am determined to get it done.:)

Keep taking those pictures!!:)

Love,
Linda