Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cherries

From this ...
To this ...
To this!

My sister and brother-in-law gave us some beautiful cherries on the 4th.  They were so sweet to give us several bag fulls that they picked.  Rich made really yummy cherry jam from them.  He just used the recipe off the Ball pectin box and it came out so good.  One batch he added lemon zest along with the lemon juice.  We call it our zesty cherry.  It has a real lemon flavor along with the cherries.  I like it a lot.  The rest of the jars he just added the lemon juice and it brought out that beautiful cherry flavor.  We took several jars to our home fellowship and gave them to people.  Rich just loves to share the things he makes.  He is a true chef, loving to cook and loving to see people enjoy what he has made:)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cherry jam sounds delicious ... homemade cherry jam even better! I like putting jams on my toast. Bob prefers butter only.

Kathi said...

Elena, I have not tried cherry jam before. It looks so tasty. It must be wonderful to have a husband cooking special things like this. I need to go get some cherries before they are gone. Have a great day. Kathi

Carol said...

Looks so delicious! Reminds me of my childhood. My grandma Ruby had a few cherry trees. Her cherry jam and jelly was so good.

Smiles,
Carol

Leah said...

Sounds delicious. Unfortunately, God did not bless me with any of those talents, so I'll just have to imagine how good it tastes. ;)

Miller Racing Family said...

I love strawberry jam! Love, Love the first photo. I think that just screams summer!