We had a really fun Independence Day weekend! On Sunday we all dressed up in red white and blue and went to church. We had a special service to honor all the service men in our church and a special message concerning our nation and the church. Then we went to Rich's folks for a fun afternoon. We took MacKinley Mac as Mary call our little dog now, with us over to Grandma and Grandpa's. Rich's mom had a couple of toys for him. So cute. One was a ball with a bell inside and the other was a stuffed bird as big as him and he loved. We call the bird, Kevin. If you have seen the movie, "UP" the name will make sense. Mac did really well at Rich's folks. It is good to have you puppy experience different people and places when they are young so that get well socialized. Also we were gone from our house all day and we couldn't leave him that long, so he had a great time at Grandma's and Grandpa's. He is such a good boy and Mary is so good with him. She loves him so much. At one point he nipped her in his puppy play and she just cried and cried. I held Mac up to her cheek and he kissed her so sweetly. I told her he was sorry and she smiled through her tears. I told her he did not do that on purpose but that is how all puppies play and he will out grow it in a few months. She then said, "Oh, Mama, I just love him sooo much!" On Monday we had Rich's folks and my sister and brother-in-law over. We had a bar-b-que and then dessert in the evening. When it started to get dark we had a small fireworks display in our back yard. It was a lot a fun and beautiful evening. Here is a slide show of our weekend.
Here is the link to the slideshow: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=e7fec18470dddcf4965b86&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url
5 comments:
I enjoyed watching your slide show, as always! I see you got a new van; congratulations on your new purchase. That puppy is sure cute AND very tiny! I like Mary's red, white and blue bows. She looked as though she was having a good time on that bouncing ball. I enjoyed watching your fireworks display too.
Mary was so cute wearing those ear muffs! Great memory maker!
Smiles,
Carol
What a wonderful 4th celebration you had, Elena! So glad to hear things are going well with the pup in spite of the little nibble!!
Love and hugs to you gal!
Have a delightful weekend!
Becky
I think Mac and Mary are going to be great friends, he is adorable and Mary is beautiful.
I know that when I visit here at your home, that I am always going to leave happy and uplifted. What a joy to see such a beautiful family, YOUR FOURTH OF JULY video I did so enjoy. Miss Mary looks so Patriotic in her red white and blue. I like the idea of letting a new pet get acquainted with other families.
I am looking forward to you sharing this new adventure with Mac. And what a beautiful job you did of explaining to Mary of his playfulness. Now when Mary is grown, I will be looking forward to you and Rich writing that book, I think you two are the best parents ever!!
Hugs,
Sue
Another great slideshow. Looks like you all had a blast and I love Mary's outfit!
Blessings!
Post a Comment