I found this beautiful slide show while just browsing on the internet. I was so captivated by it. I did a little research and found the author of the poem, "What Makes a Mother". Her name is Jennifer Wasik and she wrote this poem for her son Zachery who died shortly after he was born in 1998. I read her story of her pregnancy and loss. He died from some birth defects one being a herniated diaphragm. My brother, Philip, just younger than me died from the complications of a herniated diaphragm at birth. I found out that this occurs at 8 weeks development and the lungs are damaged during development and only 50% of babies today survive this and many that live, have life long health struggles from it. There is no known cause of it. It just occurs in about one in 2500 births. Then I found found the girl's story who made this slide show. She is young only about 26 years old now and she had two early miscarriages and a very traumatic loss of twins at 16 weeks. I read both stories and just wept. Both these ladies have gone on to have healthy children but it just broke my heart of all the pain that is out there for those who have suffered pregnancy and child loss. Many women have lost multiple babies. So as Mother's Day approaches my heart goes out to all those who have suffered loss like this and I know the Lord's heart is very near those who are suffering grief.
Here is the link to the video: http://youtu.be/-p3e8_XKoRo
7 comments:
That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
OH Elena, that was just beautiful...Jill <---who is wiping tears from eyes right now. Blessings to You...
Very poignant. It also makes me all the more thankful that fifteen years ago today dh and I saw the positive lines on the pg. test aka our youngest.
Absolutely beautiful, and so touching, Elena, this touched my very soul, our daughter had thirteen miscarriages before having her two daughters.
Thank yo for sharing, I have book marked this video.
Hugs,
Sue
Beautiful, but heartbreaking too.
Hi Sweetie! Didn't watch the video cause I have been doing enough crying with these two weddings!! :o) Just wanted to pop by and say HI to my lovely friend!!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Becky
Wow that was amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment