Thursday, September 5, 2013

Rich's Birthday

Rich's birthday either falls on or is very near Labor Day. So we always celebrate all weekend. This year we went to Union Creek and had a fun day picnicking and walking around the Natural Bridge area. The Natural Bridge is an ancient lava flow that the Rogue River goes through. Part of it goes through these lava tubes and disappears for a short while making a natural bridge to cross the river. It is an amazing sight as the Rogue River is a very fast moving river that is cold and powerful coming from the snow melt of Crater Lake. It flows 410,000 gallons a minute (that's enough water to fill an Olympic sized pool). As you can see I read the info signs along the way. lol Here is a slide show of our day.
Here is the link to the video: http://animoto.com/play/LPB3jYwliKT1ZUIrOrWn5g

Mary and I made a pineapple upside down cake for Rich.  This is the first one I have made.  I used a smashed up banana instead of a 1/3 of a cup of oil in the mix.  It came out delicious and was better for you without all that oil.  We will be eating on it for a few days.  lol





4 comments:

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Great slide show, Elena. Very professional and artistic.

Debra

Sue said...

Wishing Rich a belated but happy birthday wish, your Union Creek video was so precious, enjoyed it so much.
That pineapple upside down cake made my mouth water, I love pineapple any way you fix it. Wishing your sweet family many more happy years of celebrations. that Mary is such a happy child!Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Miller Racing Family said...

Happy Birthday, Rich. Sounds like a neat place to go. The cake does look amazing.

JD/ Jill said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Rich...Looks like I'm about 10 days or so late...
My hubby is celebrating his birthday today.