This is my sweet little baby rose. Rich bought this little rose bush for me when we were courting back in 2001. It was the first plant he bought me and it has survived all these years. A couple of moves in Cali and then all the way up here. I thought I lost it last year when we had the subzero temps in December. In the spring it had one tiny green shoot come up but now it is all full and beautiful. I told Rich it is such a symbol of our love, everlasting!
Now on to my orchid. I bought this on a whim about 4 years ago. I had never grown an orchid before and thought I would give it a try. I had success and it would bloom once a year. Well this year it started blooming in January and had 10 blooms about the time those started fading it sent out a another set of 5 on the same bloom stalk and then when those faded it sent out another bud on the same stalk with 10. So it has bloomed continually on the same stalk for 9 months and produced 25 blooms. It seems pretty unusual for me. I don't know if orchids do that often or not?
Here it is today with 9 remaining blooms.
Here it is in April when I photographed it for an article on Rich's blog.
Here is a bloom I used to make a corsage for Mary's ballet teacher for Valentines day.
1 comment:
Beautiful post...The Orchids remind me of my Mother...she had such a gift with them...Me not so much. She knew that so she made a request that I give her Orchid (It was one of her treasures) to her doctor. I took it to his office and he was thrilled to receive it. I found out later that he even took it up to another doctor's office in his building to show it off. That doctor took a pic of my My mother's flower and now has that picture hanging on his waiting wall floor. This would have made my Mother so happy.
Post a Comment