Monday, August 15, 2016

I am my Beloved's and He is Mine

I have been doing a study of the Hebrew month of Elul as it leads up to the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashana. So much beautiful imagery. Though I don't believe we have to keep the feasts, it is so great to see all the symbolism that the Lord used in them. Elul is a month of introspection, repentance and drawing near to the Lord. It makes me think of revival coming! The Song of Solomon and Psalm 27 are read during the month of Elul and up to Yom Kippur. When I was looking at our wedding bands I remembered that on the inside of Rich's ring I had engraved the scriputre reference Psalm 27: 13 -14 and Rich put Song of Solomon 4:10-14 in mine, from the very books that are read in Elul.   I love the simple but beauiful imagery that my husband saw in these rings and bought for us.

 The engraving on Rich's ring.  After 13 years it is getting a little faint.
 
 
In the picture below are the verses I so loved and had put on his ring.  I found out another neat thing in my study of the month of Elul.  In the Hebrew the first word of verse 13 is "unless" instead of "surely".  The Hebrew word, unless is lulei, it is spelled just the same as Elul in the Hebrew letters only in reverse.
 
 
I took this picture the other morning on our garden fence.  I just loved the two morning glories with one heart shaped leaf.  The place I lived in Oceanside when  Rich and I first started dating had a beautiful wall of morning glories.  They always remind me of our courtship.

No comments: