Friday, January 6, 2017

Most Snow in a 100 Years

Yes, we got in the national news of the town that got the most snow in 24 hours in a 100 years for around here.  What started out as a light skiff of snow turned into a big mother load.  One day it snowed all day long and we got 8 inches. 
 
Then the last few days have been really super cold. This morning the thermometer read 12 degrees!  Our poor little dog is bewildered to have to deal with all the snow when he goes outside to do his business.  Fortunately there is a spot under a big bush that is free of snow right by the front door. 
 
Mary had fun making a couple of snow men.   This is the most she can remember ever.  It has been about 3 years since the last snow, so that is an eon ago for a 10 year old.  I crocheted her a messy bun hat and she loves it.  I think I will make her a red one too.  It has been several days since the big snow and we are tired of it now.  I guess we are supposed to have rain this weekend and wash it all away.
 










No comments: