We had a lot of fun decorating the tree this year. We wanted to cut a few corners money wise so we didn't buy a fresh tree. We just used an artificial tree I purchased at a garage sale a couple of years ago for $3! We liked it so well, I think I may just use this each year. The tree decorating for me is so special as it is a trip down memory lane. I have collected ornaments for over 23 years, each one has a special memory behind it .... a gold bell from my childhood, hand crocheted snowflakes made by my mother, many lovely ornaments we received for our wedding, bear ornaments Rich and I bought the Christmas I miscarried our first baby, angels and navtiviy ornaments from wonderful friends through out the years and now we are adding special ones for Mary each year. To me it is a testimony of what God has done for us and I look forward to the time that I will start telling Mary the stories behind them, that she will always hear of the love and care of our Heavenly Father and that we are so happy to celebrate his son, Jesus' birthday during this season!
Here is the link to the video:
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=9efa5f2645dcbec6c4e265&skin_id=1604
6 comments:
So very cute! I'm sure Mary can hardly wait until Christmas :-)
Your tree and decorations look so nice. I bet Mary becomes more excited each day as Christmas draws near.
I haven't gotten into the Christmas spirit yet. Perhaps the Christmas Parade and Walk that our town has each year will bring on the spirit.
Beautiful tree Elena. I like it that you teach Mary how each ornament is special and she hears the stories as you hang each one. Cute photos and pretty tree.
Kathi
This video was so fun to watch! Mary is sure having a good time:) It's neat as they get a little older and know what's going on during the holidays! Their little smiles make it all worthwhile:)
Thanks for sharing these sweet moments, Elena. Mary seems to really be into the decorating:) I haven't started decorating yet.
We had a busy weekend on our knees when Sam's little brother was born on Sat. with fluid on his lungs and was in the NICU until Sunday night. He's fine now and home today,thank the Lord:) I haven't seen him yet, just pictures. Hope to remedy that soon:)
Hugs,
Linda
Awww....it is so special to create memories and that you have all of those ornaments that have such meaning.
I hope your entire Christmas Season is meaningful and fun!!
Although I don't decorate a tree any longer I do have my special ornaments and they too have special meaning behind them.
Love, Enda
Post a Comment