Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Big Bed

We had some excitement around here today! We took Mary's crib out of her room and put in a big bed for her. It was little sad as I was taking down the bumper pads and crib bedding to be washed and put in the give away basket in our spare bedroom. My baby girl is growing up. I remember how small she looked in there when she started sleeping in it at 2 months of age and how excited I was when she pulled herself up in it for the first time at 8 months old. Many milestones have passed and now a new one is made ... sleeping in a big bed. She just loves it and was so excited to take her nap in it this afternoon. Here a few shots of my little monkey in her bed.



Have a blessed weekend my dear friends!

9 comments:

Becky K. said...

Congratulations Dear Mary on your Big Bed!!! It is beautiful and it looks very comfy!

Elena - it is a big deal. It sounds like you are making the transition a good one... even if your heart kind of notices one more step toward Mary's growing up.

Becky K.

Brittany said...

How cute! I bet she was so excited when you guys got her that bed!

Anonymous said...

wow... this is really BIG bed...

BECKY said...

Oh Hello Sweet Elena! I have missed visiting you, my friend! What a delight for Mary to have her big girl bed! I know...it's a hard milestone, but kind of fun at the same time! I know she must just LOVE it!!

Have a joyful Sunday, sweetie!!
Love you,
Becky

Carol said...

I can see the excitement on Mary's sweet face! Isn't it a blessing to see our children grow up?

Blessings,
Carol

Sue said...

You are so right Elena, Mary is growing up, and from what I have observed over these past months you and Rich have enjoyed every milestone with her. Just continue to enjoy.
Mary is so adorable, and I know she is enjoying her new bed.
Enjoy your week, and those milestone.
Blessings,
Sue

Linda C said...

wow- This is a big move! Mary looks so happy in her new bed-- and it does tug at mom's heart a little too... but you have many more years of tucking her in- such sweet times.:)

Enjoy each day with her- time goes by so quickly. Jess posted on fb today that she was hearing Sam play his little toy piano in the other room and sing Amazing Grace. Warms a Grammy's heart...:)

Have a wonderful week dear friend.

Hugs,
Linda

momma said...

oh how exciting! i remember moving our two into their "big" beds!! yay!!

Leah said...

Yay! A big girl bed! Such an exciting time for them! :) And kind of sad for the Mommys.... :(