We had a wonderful day yesterday! My sister and brother-in-law came over and shared dinner with us. They fixed the turkey, gravy and bread and we did all the sides. I cut a big bouquet of mums from my garden for the table. I placed a poem on each plate. I read it on Elizabeth's blog and just loved it. You can see it on her post here. We had turkey, ham, stuffing, sweet potatoes, broccoli, mashed potatoes and gravy, jellied cranberries, black olives and homemade bread. For dessert we had pumpkin pie and cherry pie. Our little Mary girl slept through the meal but she woke up to join us for dessert. We had fed her earlier and she fell asleep before we served dinner. We had so much fun just talking about anything and everything! I am very thankful for my family and that we know the Lord!
I hope you had a wonderful holiday too!
3 comments:
We had a wonderful day, as well.
Your table is lovely and I am so happy for you that it was special.
Becky
Oh Elena- what a beautiful feast! Your table and those flowers are so pretty AND the food looks wonderful!
So glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Isn't it wonderful being w/family and just enjoying the time together and making memories?!:)
We had a great time with our kids and little Sam. Of course he entertained us all:)- putting on his parent's shoes and "going to work" and then "going home" again- all from walking from one end of the kitchen to the other:) His mommy said he kept busy with this for about an hour the other day...also cute because he usually ended up with the shoes on the wrong feet:)
Take care and have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Linda
We had a great day yesterday as well. After arriving in NH around noontime, we spent rest of the day with Bob's sister and our brother-in-law. Cynthia and Larry prepared Thanksgiving Day dinner. They prepared the main dish as well as all the sides and dessert. All we contributed was a pumpkin roll! We traveled 10 hours or more to get here, so no one expected us to bring anything to the table except ourselves. We visited for several hours after dinner, talking about anything and everything. We enjoyed playing with their 2-year-old dog, Weezie, too. I'll share more details and pictures, of course, once we return home. Enjoy rest of your weekend!
Post a Comment