The Lord formed a circle of girlfriends that I was part of for about 10 years. These friends were such a wonderful source of comfort and fun during my 30's when I was single and very lonely. We shared in each others joys and sorrows. We held each others' newborns, we wove flowers together and sewed bridesmaids gowns for each of our weddings. We stayed up all night and prayed together, had Bible studies and went to church events. We had fun and crazy camping trips and birthday parties and exchanged gifts at the holidays. Then one by one we moved to different parts of the country; only a few are left in Southern California. Though we are far away, we stay in contact as much as possible. Friends are friends forever if the Lord is the Lord of them! Here is a slide show that I put together in the memory of those specials years with my sisters in Christ.
15 comments:
It looks like you've all shared so many special times together. How wonderful that you celebrate your girlfriends in this special way! :)
What a lovely tribute to your special friends! Yes! Friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them! No truer words could be spoken.
That was really special!!! It will be soooooo fun when we all get to Heaven and never have to say good-bye to any of our friends.
Kristine
Oh my gosh Elena, I am crying so much. I feel like a part of my heart is broken. I miss you all so much. I am so glad we will have eternity together. There is so much that I want to say to all of you. I love you!
Teresa
You are blessed indeed to have such wonderful friends and lasting friendships - and they are blessed to have such a thoughtful, kind and inspirational friend thinking of them!
Have a lovely weekend, Elena
I sure loved seeing the pictures! I know the Lord blessed you with a special group, and I'm sure the Lord will continue to put special friends in your life. Is Face Book a way for you to stay in contact? I know Maranna uses that way for a friend who moved to China.
Ben
Friends are just wonderful are they not. Enda
What a precious video and testimony to how faithful God is to bring those people into our lives with whom we can share the bond of Christ. What a blessing indeed, and how blessed they are to have a friend like you!
Thanks for sharing your tribute with us, Elena!
Have a fabulous Friday!!
Becky :)
Elena, Kathey cried so much she said she did not know what to say other than thank you!!!! It brought back alot of memories and even Ariel loved her pictures too. Kathey said she misses everyone so much especially those we have not been able to see for years.
Love always, Wayne & Kathey
This is so great. I have a circle of friends that are so great to do anything with.
That was really a beautiful slide show, Elena... and your words are touching and only echo my very own thoughts. You guys are so precious to me... and the slide show just brought back a flood of wonderful memories. so thank you for doing that. And what a perfect song you chose too! ;)
I sure do miss you and the rest of our gang... and I miss those camping trips!
love,
Selina
That is beautiful! You are so blessed with these wonderful, gorgeous friends! I love this slide show!
xoxo Sharon
It's so special to have such good friends. I bet it's hard when they're so far away now but it's probably just like old times when you all get together! Thanks for sharing!
What a treasure it is for you to have so many close friends!
This video is such a lovely tribute to your friendship! Girlfriends forever!!:)
Linda C
Elena, What a beautiful tribute to you and your friends and to the Lord for His goodness. I love that song too. Hugs, Kathi
Post a Comment