Ahh so, I have an old Chinese soup recipe called, Ten Tin Can Soup! Just kidding about the Chinese part. It is a recipe that my husband came up with recently. It consists of 10 cans of ingredients pictured below: 

You open all the cans except the French's fried onions and put them into a large cooking pot. Be sure to drain the liquid off the potatoes, peas and carrots as the water has a lot of salt in it and it will make the soup too salty if you leave it in. Put it on medium low heat and warm it up for an hour or so. Stir it occasionally. Then serve it in bowls and top with the French's fried onions. It is delicious. Here is a picture of it in the pot. We had it for Christmas eve dinner and it was great because it was simple and easy after a very busy day!

5 comments:
Looks easy and hearty! We'll have to give this one a try. Love your new banner,too!
njami...
I think I will try it after I do the butterbeans that Dan's Mother made. I'll get enough bean people over here to eat them.
Are you glad the holidays are over? Is Mary or did she get in the hand of opening presents./ I am getting ready for bed so will write more later.
Love,
Enda
What a great recipe to use things already on your shelf. I can't quite see the label--is that roast beef in a can on the top left?
Linda C
Thanks! I’m always looking for quick easy recipes for dinner – that are also nutritious. Kristine
Post a Comment