Winds of change are coming to my family. My husband is a wonderful artist in the medium of ceramics. He had started a small business down in Southern California making and selling lamps before I met him. When we had been dating about a month, he made me this awesome lamp and put my favorite scripture on it. The scripture is on the header of my blog. That was the last thing he worked on as he had to move and there was no place for his shop. Fifteen months later we married and then moved up here. He does heating and air conditioning repair. He has done this for years. In fact he grew up with it. His dad did that line of work and was president of a heating and air conditioning company for many years. Rich is really good at what he does but it is a very physically demanding job. The company he has worked for here has been very good to us, especially after Mary was born. They gave him several substantial raises. When we moved into this house, Rich was able to set up his ceramic shop but had no time or energy to do it. The job has afforded us the ability to get completely out of debt and build up a good savings account along with the help of his folks giving us some money a while back. The only thing that was holding up the ceramic business was that there was no end in sight with his job. The slowdown in our economy has hit this area very hard. His boss has had to cut way back on his hours as there are fewer repair jobs to be done. What a blessing! Now he has got everything set up in the shop and I will begin to learn how to do a working web page for Internet orders and we also want to try and sell his lamps in local gift shops. They can be custom made with artwork and scriptures on them. They are functional and beautiful. The light in the base shines through the design and makes a wonderful night light, when the upper light is turned off. We know that the economy being slow cuts into people buying gift items, but I feel that his design is unique and will fill a niche in the market. We don't want to get rich, just have our needs met. Rich wants to be able to be home working on something he enjoys and something that is much easier on his body. Being older parents we want to stay as healthy and active as we can for Mary. Also the job he has now gives him no time off in the summer. It is way too busy. So with having our own business we can go camping and fishing and be more active in the church that we attend. We have done a lot of prayer and we would appreciate your prayers. We feel the Lord is leading us in this direction and we are very happy! Here are a few pictures.
This is the lamp that he made for me when we were dating!
10 comments:
It is a beautiful lamp, will you be selling through an online portal, like Etsy or Ebay, or will you craft your own site?
Good evening, sweet friend!! Wow! Sounds like God is moving in ya'll's lives in a big way!! How exciting!! The lamp is beautiful, and I'm sure they will sell!!
It certainly will be wonderful for him to be working at home. Sure wish my DH could!!
I will pray that God will continue to direct your path down to the tiniest detail!! I look so forward to watching this unfold for you both!!
Blessings, Elena,
Becky
Congratulations, Elena! This sounds like and exciting adventure!
I love the the designs in the pictures! I will praying along with you that the business takes off and is successful!:)
Hugs,
Linda C
Oh Elena, Rich's designs are so beautiful! I wish you both the best of luck with this, and will certainly be praying for your family! Wishing you a wonderful week sweet friend.
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)
That’s so great!!! The lamps are beautiful, and there are still lots of people even in this economy who have money.
We will pray for you!
Dan & Kristine
Wow! Elena,
God works in mysterious ways!! I am so happy for you both. I wish you the most success in your new adventure, God has opened the door and you all have walked through, I so admire people who are gifted with their hands, because I really believe these are gifts from God. thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue
It is so wonderful when life starts to shift and change, and you can really feel His hand moving things around for you to be able to truly enjoy the life you feel you were meant to have. I am so pleased you are embracing this opportunity to move in a new direction - know that we are keeping your new venture in our prayers and trusting that it will be blessed with the success and fulfilment that you so richly deserve. The lamp is truly beautiful Elena! Prayers and blessings to you all x x
How exciting! It looks like God has opened a window of opportunity for your family. By the way, the lamp is gorgeous!
Blessings,
Carol
Hi Elena
I have known for years that Rich has wanted to do a business in ceramic lamps. I think it is wonderful that this is finally going to happen. Hopefully he won't be busy with heat and A/C this summer and can have time for what he truly loves. I think his lamps are beautiful.
Enda
Our prayers are definately with you. And ive seen Rich's lamps!!! They are Beautiful!!! In the future we will definately have to buy one. My favorite scripture is John 3:30.... MORE OF HIM AND LESS OF ME!!!!
lOVE
WENDY
Post a Comment