This coming Wednesday, the 28th, marks the third wonderful year of our baby girl, Mary’s life. As it comes close my mind always drifts back to the events surrounding her birth. I felt heavy laden those last few weeks of pregnancy as I am sure many women can identify with. I had had a very healthy pregnancy with only some anemia. Part of my great weariness was my age. I had been blessed with baby at 46 and though my health was really good I still felt the tiredness in every fiber of my being. I had waited all my life for this wonderful event and I was filled with wonder and praise and also it was the completion of a journey that God used to test my faith. Would I wait for Him and would I trust Him. I was not in the social norm of having a child at my age but I wanted God’s will to be done in my life and I knew from scripture that God had blessed people in the later years with a child. Yes, I wanted a loving, godly husband and a child from the time I was in my 20’s but God took me down a road that was not often traveled on. Many, many times I felt alone but God in His wonderful grace always gave me the strength to carry on! Eight years ago I met my husband who had been waiting all his life too for a helpmate and family. We were so happy to be lead to each other by the Lord and we knew it from the beginning of our relationship that God was doing a work in our lives. So, having Mary was like the cherry on top of our lives. She was a wonderful reward to us, such a blessing. I remember thinking that when I had my final sonogram before she was born. It was a Friday morning and the sonogram tech left the room to talk to the doctor. She felt that Mary was not moving vigorously enough and in the light of my age that labor should be induced. Mary was full term and I was only 10 days out from my due date. So the doctor gave us instruction to go to the hospital for me to be induced. As soon as I was hooked up to all the monitors there the nurses assured me that Mary was plenty active enough and I was already having contractions. I didn’t feel a thing. So, I thought, “Hey this isn’t too bad, I can deal with this!” Rich and I sat and watched TV and had an early dinner. Later that night my contractions slowed down so they gave me a light inducement, at 6 am my water broke and no longer did I NOT feel anything!! Wow, waves a pain came over me like I had never felt in my whole life. The nurse said I was at 2 centimeter and that she was going to get everything set up and cleared with the doctor for an epidural. She came back in a half an hour and I was at 10 centimeters and ready to give birth! They raced around my room as fast as they could and called the doctor to come. In about a dozen pushes she was born. Man talk about pain! The last push I didn’t think I could do it, but she was born. The young nurse assisting with the birth said, “Wow, look at her color, she is beautiful. I have never seen a baby with such good color. Then they placed her on my tummy. The world shut down around me and all I saw was her beautiful little face lifted up and looking at me with her big blue eyes. Her little hands were clinched and she was just yelling her little heart out! So much love flooded my heart, I thought I would burst. Here was God’s promise to me in the flesh. I told the Lord right there that I would never doubt Him again. I had come to the end of my longings and my cup was running over. I came back to the world around me and I looked up at Rich’s face and said, “ Here is our baby!” His face was just beaming. We took her home the next day. We had a lot sleep deprivation and weariness but our hearts were very happy! She has had such good health and has only had a couple of light colds and that is it!! She is such a little bundle of love and joy for us. What a little character she is making our hearts light and full of laughter. Thank you God for our dear Mary girl. Thank you so much!!!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday wishes for Mary! Your story is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the joy!
Blessings,
Carol
I enjoyed very much reading about Mary coming into your life. Thank you for sharing.
Elena,
How beautiful and what a wonderful letter for your sweet daughter to read one day. She can never, ever question your love and thankfulness for her.
By the way, in reference to your comment at Hospitality Lane, should we ever take a trip into your neck of the woods, I would love to meet all of you...and if you ever get to PA...let me know! I am sure we would enjoy sweet fellowship.
Blessings,
Becky
awww-I love reading these stories of your life. Is Mary excited about her birthday coming?! At age 3 they can really start getting in to it:)
Thanks for sharing this beautiful story and testimony of waiting on the Lord and putting your trust in him...
Have a wonderful weekend and I look forward to pictures of Mary's big day next week!:)
Hugs, Linda
Thank you for sharing this story for us. Mary is definitely cherry on top your marriage.
I have told Melvena more than once how blessed you and Rich are to have that little doll. You both know that more than anyone. It's hard to believe it has been 3 years. I am grateful that you keep me posted on her life.
Love,
Enda
What a beautiful testimony to your faithfulness and patience. The blessings of your dh and dd were certainly worth that wait, weren't they?
♥Heidi
Post a Comment