Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Books, Books, Books

I went to Goodwill this weekend and I hit a gold mine. I bought a whole stack of books for Mary for the price of one new book! She was delighted. We now have wonderful new material for our bedtime story time!

This is one of her favorites

because it has a puppy that looks like her Tutu!



This book tells you all you wanted to know about cats!

I remember reading this book as a child and liking it very much!


This book is all about the Okefenokee swamp in Southern Georgia and Northern Florida. It has beautiful illustrations and tells all about the wildlife and plants that grow there.


This is about a lonely fish that finally makes friends. Again, it has great illustrations!

A fun sparkly book!

This one answers all kinds of questions about bugs.

This is Mary's all time favorite!

This is a video of Mary and I reading.





Here is the link to the video: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=a4116a74b9863078c7cb45&skin_id=1602

5 comments:

Carol said...

I love "The Snowy Day, I know Mary will too! :-)

Smiles,
Carol

Anonymous said...

I watched the entire video, Elena, and smiled (sometimes laughed) all the way through it. Mary is so cute when she is reading the book. You should have many hours of enjoyment reading all those books you got at Goodwill.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Congrats on your bargains! I am not familiar with any of those books, but they look like good reading.

Linda C said...

Sooo precious, Elena! Thanks for inviting us in for this fun! I loved it!!
And what a great bunch of books you found!!

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Linda

BECKY said...

Hi Gal! What fun to read with Mary! Brought back some fun memories of reading with my girls!!
She is just so bright!!

Love ya and hope you're having a wonderful week so far. My side is still bothering me...I strained the muscles they cut a little bit, but am doing well otherwise.
BIG HUGS!!
Becky