Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pink Pajamas

Last week I made Mary another pair of pajamas. She liked her Christmas pajamas so well that I decided to make her another pair. I had enough material left over to make her a heart shaped pillow for her bed. I put a little pocket on the back so she can use it to put her teeth in for the tooth fairy when she gets older:) She thought it was a great pocket to put her beloved Tutu in. She just loves that little stuffed dog and takes it every where. She talks to him and sleeps with him. If she has a hard to time settling down for her nap, I tell her that Tutu has to sleep too, so she had better hold him still so he can go to sleep. She does and in the process she falls asleep. She has him listen to the story I read to her before she goes to bed at night and he has to pay attention too. Sometimes she pretends that Tutu is hiding and she hears him barking and then she goes and finds him. He is usually hidden under her favorite pink blankets! Oh how I love the imagination of a child!




Have blessed weekend dear friends!

7 comments:

Carol said...

What cute froggie pjs and pillow! Mary looks so happy!

Smiles,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Mary's new PJs are adorable. I like the frog on them. That's a big pouch for teeth on the back of the pillow! It's cute how attached Mary is to Tutu.

BECKY said...

Hi Beautiful Soul!! I just always can't help but think about how blessed Mary is to have such a special Mommy. I know, I know, she is so special, too, but having had a great Mom, I know what a wonder it can be, and am so thankful precious Mary has you, Elena!!

These little froggy PJ's are adorable, and I know the love that went into making them and the matching pillow! Such fun!! She'll even have fun looking back at these pictures in years to come!!

Have a joyful Sunday! I always enjoy visiting with you, my friend!!
Love you,
Becky

Anonymous said...

she is cute and you are skilful. Blessings!

Linda C said...

Those "mommy made" jammies are so cute!! I love the print:) And I know that Mary just loves that precious pillow- what a great idea!!

That pocket for the tooth fairy is brilliant! I remember sometimes having a hard time getting the tooth from under their pillow without waking them up:)

Have a happy Sunday!

Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. And what a parent has to think of to stay one step ahead of them. And you are so right.......once they lay still for just a few minutes they usually nod off.
Enda

Leah said...

Absolutely adorable!

You are so creative! :)

Great fabric!