Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Childhood Home that my Father Built










7 comments:

Becky K. said...

How special to have these photos. Your Dad looks so very happy up on the top of the wall.

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

I like stories from your childhood. Great photos. Here we don't have a custom of building such type of houses. Even if people build wooden houses it is made in different manner. Most people here build their houses from brick.

Leah said...

That is awesome. I was hoping you would post pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Your dad built a ranch-style house, a uniquely American style of architecture (as described at wikipedia). Your childhood home looks very nice and large.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

I really enjoyed the previous post and now the photos to go along with the story. What wonderful testimony to God's providence.

It brings back some good memories of my own as well--our family built an addition onto our home when I was 7, and I remember some fun and interesting times. Perhaps I should blog about them.

♥Heidi

Andrea at My Feathered Nest said...

So glad that I ran across your blog. My dad was/is a carpenter...he is now bedfast at 80 years old, but I have many memories of watching him work with wood and nails. We kids got to pull many an old nail out with hammer claw or crowbar.
Please visit my blog. I'm pretty new to this and find all of you Christian gals inspirational
hugs and blessings
ANDREA

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

How wonderful it is that you have the photos to go along with your memories of your childhood home. Thanks for sharing all with us.

Blessings,
Elizabeth