Monday, February 22, 2010

Super Highway

This is a Bolivian highway. Great for motorhomes!


You are about to see the most amazing road.

COME WITH ME . . .
to a very, very high-way in Bolivia , South America .
Stremnaya Road is nicknamed "The Road of Death",
which will not be surprising after you see these photos.
Buckle Up . . . here we go!






Seen Enough???
Oh, No, Your Trip Isn't Over Yet...
Keep that seat belt fastened!

No Traffic at all today!!


Oops -- Spoke Too Soon!

That's Great! Time to zoom along again.

Just Honk and The Oncoming Car Will Move Over, Right?

Sorry - Road Repairs.
We Just Lost The Curb This Morning.

Not Much Further Now...

Do I hear prayers?


Thanks For Coming -- You Made It This Time!
Now, After That Ride, Tell Me Honestly:
Are You Going To Complain About Your Lousy,
Traffic-Congested Super Highways Ever Again???

8 comments:

Becky K. said...

That is soooo very scary! I don't like heights, at all!

Glad to be sitting on solid ground right here in PA.

Becky K.

Carol said...

Oh my! I'd would say no thank you to traveling on that road!

Smiles,
Carol

Anonymous said...

The comment right before mine is someone from my home state, Pennsylvania. I'll have to go visit her profile!

That roadway gave me the chills! I agree it is very, very scary!

Linda C said...

Whoa! Not me, never again!! That is too much for me:) And they were all big trucks- not ever smaller cars...yikes!

Great post, Eleana!

Linda

Lois Christensen said...

Never again. I promise. I'm actually sick with fear right now. I cannot tell you how driving up mountains here in the good old USA makes me sick. I need to share these photos with my hubby. He will get such a laugh out of them. Another reason for me to stay in my house.

I would get out and walk. I wouldn't care how long it would take me.

Lois Christensen said...

Can I post some of these pictures on my blog? I'll link to you! Thanks!

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

No complaints here!!! A little sick (afraid of heights) maybe but no complaints about our highways.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

BECKY said...

They're NUTS!!!! Who drives on that?? You would almost have to have a death wish!! Yep...I'll take my congested interstate, for sure!! I've got a touch of the woozy now!! Whew!
Love ya!! Have a delightful Wednesday, Elena!
Becky