Friday, January 28, 2011

A Little Violin

Mary received the sweetest gift this last Sunday. Rich's mom got back from Oklahoma and she had something for Mary that was from her great aunt, Harlean. It was a toy violin. It plays a selection of songs and plays as the child touches the bow string to the violin strings. They don't need to worry about the tone, just the timing. Mary was so thrilled with this gift. She loves music and it gave her the joy of playing a instrument. She carried it around all day, playing it and dancing a jig as she played. Here is a picture of the violin. It is powered by 2 AA batteries.


Here is a short video of her playing it.  Her tempo is a little fast but she is so thrilled.  Her little tongue just cracks me up:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The violin looks big in the still picture. It's a small toy! It has a nice sound. Mary seems to like playing the violin. Her tongue use is funny :-)

JD/ Jill said...

That is so precious. What a great gift for Mary...I sure it will become a treasure for her. I think she did a great job playing with it...thank you, again for sharing your lovely videos...

BECKY said...

Hi Elena! Hope all is well with you and yours! What a great violin! I know Mary will have a blast with it! The video wouldn't load so I didn't get to watch it.

Love her in her tutu, too! I can see her playing the violin and dancing around the whole time she is! Too cute!

Blessings to you all!
Love ya,
Bcky

Miller Racing Family said...

What a fun gift. I loved the video. I loved how Mary was really thinking about what she was doing and I agree the tongue cracked me up.
Hope you have a great weekend!

Linda C said...

This little violin in so neat! Toys today are amazing!

Hugs,
Linda

Heidi Pocketbook said...

What a cool little violin--and the expressions priceless!

So glad to read about her ballet post and that she has started lessons.

Hope you have a wonderful week, Elena!

Hugs from Heidi

Ana Márquez said...

What a beautiful girl, what a sweet blog :-) Congratulations. God bless you.