Mary and I had a butterfly theme going for New Years. We got dressed up to go to Rich's folks house for dinner. Mary had butterflies on her shirt. in her hair and on her shoes. I wore the lovely butterfly pin that my sister hand beaded for me. I feel this year will be new beginnings for us as a family. It is our 8th year of marriage starting into our 9th and we plan on launching our ceramic lamp business this year. Rich has the shop all set up and is busy right now pouring green ware, carving the designs in them. Once he gets enough made to fill the kiln he will fire them. Once we have some stock made up we will publish our web site. I felt really nostalgic about Christmas this year. As I am typing this I am think about packing up all the Christmas stuff and tree. I feel sad that it is over. I guess having a child has brought back many childhood memories and one of them was how sad I felt when Christmas was over. Rich told Mary that we would be packing up the Christmas tree and putting it away until next year. She said, "No thank you!" She loves Christmas so much. I was able to see Christmas this year in the light of her eyes and it was so magical and wonderful! I am looking at this year with great anticipation and I know many changes will occur. Just ten years ago at this date I was looking into a year that held the most wonderful things, it was the year I met my husband and we began to date and fall in love.
Here are a few shots I took on New Years Day.
Wishing you a full and blessed 2011! Elena





9 comments:
Adorable! Adorable! loved all the butterflies. Mary is really growing. I am amazed at how long her hair has grown, it reminds of our little Susie.
Elena, your thoughts today about Christmas was so precious, I was so blessed, by your thankfulness. Getting to know you, Rich, and Mary has been one of the highlights of my year. I always leave here so blessed and encouraged. May the Lord continue to fill your cup with much joy and continued blessings.
Hugs, Sue
First, I'm so happy for your family that the business will be launched this year!!
Love all the butterflies--I'm sure Mary is probably flitting around like a real butterfly too :-)
Hugs from Heidi
I wish you and Rich all the best in your business endeavor! I like all the butterflies!
I really like your butterfly theme, and that pin is so beautiful. One of my dear friends and I have a butterfly theme going. I always send her a birthday card, etc. with a butterfly on it. It has a very special meaning to us too. My husband likes to take photos of butterflies we have so many. I guess I need to post some of those one of these days. Hope the New Year is one of your best yet...God Bless...
I love the new look of your blog!
Can't wait to see your new website.
Mary is really growing up!
Love the butterfly theme. :)
Love the butterflies and I always enjoy your post. I wish your family all the best this year. Happy New Year.
Blessings,
Elizabeth
Mary is so cute, I love all the butterflies. I can't wait to hear more about your new business adventure. I hope that you have a successful year and that the Lord blesses you more than you can dream!
I love all the butterflies! Especially the beautiful pin!! wow!
Happy New Year and blessings beyond your imagination to you and your sweet family.:)
Love, Lidna
What a beautiful butterfly pin handmade by your sister. It is so special. I pray that your lamp business will be successful. Kathi
Post a Comment