About 10 days ago Mary and I went to a children's festival in the town that I went to grade school at. We parked in the schools parking lot and took an old fashioned trolley car ride to the festival. When we returned to the school, we walked around the grounds and I admired how it had been so beautifully restored. This shot below is the stairways and doors that I always went up and through to go to my 4th grade class. Now there is a restaurant in the lower level that was the cafeteria and all the other rooms have been upgraded and restored and are used for vocational classes and the gym has been turned into a ball room that can be rented out for special events.
This last week or so I have been changing our guest bedroom into a school room for Mary. We will still keep the bed in there and it can be used for guest when they come. Our guest bedroom had been used to store stuff and keep junk out of sight. lol So, Rich and I have been going through all the stuff we are not using and donating it to the Salvation Army. It is very refreshing to lose all of that junk and have room for what we need to do. I bought 3 bookcases for $30 on Craig list for my birthday. Two of them I am using in Mary's school room. I plan on using them for all Mary's school books and reading books. Mary just loves her new room. I made one wall with her ballet class bulletin board so that we can keep track of all the things going on there. I want to get a large bulletin board to go on the wall over the bed to put her art work on and learning charts on. She will be starting kindergarten this year and I will be homeschooling her. Our community has a really good Christian homeschooling group, so I will be part of that. They do yearly testing to see how your child is progressing and have all kinds of field trips and group activities for the kids to be part of. I am very excited about this coming year and all the things that both Mary and I will be learning.
Her desk area.
The book shelves
Her ballet class bulletin board.
3 comments:
How nice to be able to take Mary back to see where you went to school. (My grade school was torn down, and the Junior high next to it, is now a retirement community. Mary looks so cute in the first picture, and tell Mary that I really like her classroom.
A great way to introduce Mary to school Elena by taking her to your school. A new beginning deserves a new room. You did a fantastic Job, you and Mary are going to have lots of fun. I have so much admiration for parents who homeschool their children, my best wishes to you all. Are you going to name your school?
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs,
Sue
Your classroom looks great. I love the ballet section of the classroom. I wish we had a homeschooling group around here. But not many people homeschool around here.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Post a Comment