Friday, August 10, 2012

Flowers Appear on the Earth

I just love working in my garden in the morning sun!  I stepped out my kitchen door and saw this morning glory and had to capture it on the camera to share with you.  I told Rich I would love for him to carve a morning glory design on a lamp.  That two tone blue with the light shining out through the middle for the night light feature of the lamp would be so beautiful.  So, to the computer I go to start working on a design for him.


This picture also brought a really cool revelation to me about the scripture I use in the header of my blog.  Song of Solomon 2: 10 - 12, "My beloved spoke and said to me, rise up my love my fair one and come away.  For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone, the flowers appear on the earth.  The time of singing has come."  I have loved this verse from the time I was a teenager.  When Rich asked me what verse I would like on the lamp that he was giving me eleven years ago, I gave him this verse.  That was the first lamp that we worked on together.  He did the design and I picked the verse.  We have kept it as a verse of promise for our lamp business.  Just in the last week we realized that the verse also was a confirmation of direction for us.  The first part of the verse gives a directive to rise up and come away.  Rich did that by leaving the job at the HVAC company, the winter is past and the rain is gone and over, is timing.  Southern Oregon always has a very dry spell from July through the middle of October.  We have regular rain all through the other months of year making our area nice and green but the abundant moisture always stops during the months of July, August, September and part of October.  We have what they call a  Mediterranean weather pattern.  So looking back we saw that is when Rich quit and started on the lamp business was the first part of July.  The last phrase that struck me so profoundly this morning was, "the flowers appear on the earth".  This is so beautifully put by this picture:

   

2 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty design...

Miller Racing Family said...

Love the photo. Have a great weekend.