Friday, December 14, 2012

Anniversary Breakfast

Today marks my 10th wedding anniversary. For this special occasion my husband made some wonderful cinnamon rolls for breakfast. He made yeast dough last night put it in the fridge and then put it together and baked these cinnamon rolls this morning. They are so yummy and tender. I just love them. I ate three! Lois at Walking on Sunshine blog suggested that I post the recipe, so here it is.

Overnight Rolls
Ingredients need to be room temperature
Combine:
   2 1/2 teaspoons of granulated yeast
   2 teaspoons of sugar
   in a 1/4 cup of 85 to 100 degree water.
Permit these ingredients to stand until dissolved, about 10 minutes.   Scald:
   1 cup milk
Add and stir until melted
   7 tablespoons lard
Cool. Combine and beat well:
   7 tablespoons sugar
   4 beaten eggs
   1 teaspoon salt
Stir in the milk mixture and cool to 85*
stir in the yeast mixture and:
   4 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
Beat the dough about 5 minutes.  Place in a foil-covered bowl in the refrigerator over night.  Take out just before baking.  Roll the dough on a floured board to the thickness of 1/4 inch.  Spread generously with:
   Melted butter
Sprinkle with:
   Cinnamon
   Brown sugar
Roll the dough like a jelly roll.  Cut into 1 inch slices. 
Spray pan with cooking spray
Place rolls on cookie sheet.  Let them rise in a warm place for 1/2 hour.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1/2 hour or until golden brown.  Makes 14 large rolls.  For a deeper and higher roll put in large muffin pans.  For flatter rolls use a cookie sheet. (my husband used a cookie sheet for ours this morning)  Top icing of choice.

I am posting this recipe on the Foodie Friday Link party today.  For more yummy recipes you can go here.

7 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Thanks for sharing Elena! Hope you had a nice anniversary! Please come back on Sunday to vote!

Dawn said...

Thanks so much for linking up with us this week at FFF.

Unknown said...

I love cinnamon rolls.. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and remember to come back and vote on Sunday... And Happy 10th Anniversary ~ this would be a great breakfast.

Ericka Breedlove said...

These cinnamon rolls look beautiful! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

Lynn said...

Elena, these look so yummy! Do you think instead of the lard I could substitute butter? I am a little leery of lard/shortening these days as some cookies I made with it recently turned out really bad. What do you think?

Miller Racing Family said...

Happy anniversary! I always love to try new cinnamon rolls. This sounds fabulous with being able to make them the night before. Have a great weekend.

Leah @ foodforthefresh said...

These look so fantastic my mouth is watering!!

Also, if you're interested I have a great giveaway for bakers on my blog now: http://foodforthefresh.blogspot.com/2012/12/winter-giveaway-enter-now-up-1219.html