Spring is here
in all its glory. Mary and I have planted seeds of flowers that butterflies love in pots inside. We are planning a butterfly garden this year to see if we can attract some of those beauties to lay some eggs and see the caterpillars turn into butterflies. Mary would just love it. She drew this cute butterfly the other night all free hand. It makes me smile every time I look at it. She has the flowers all around it and it's long slender tongue coming out to drink nectar. Rich hung her bulletin board in her school room. I got it from Craig's List for $8. The right size and the right price! So now her school room is complete. Now we can display her current art projects.
She also is very fascinated with ants. She drew one called the great black ant. I put it in the bottom right corner. She is so cute when she goes outside with her magnifying glass so she can watch the ants up close. I think she would really enjoy an ant farm too. I am undecided if I am going to buy one or make one for her. I have been learning so many fascinating things about nature and God's wonderful creation. I am discovering the world along with my little girl as we are on this homeschooling journey together.
3 comments:
That is a very detailed drawing. Mary is a talented little girl! You sound like the perfect homeschooling parent...one who becomes just as excited about the lesson as the student.
Tell Mary for me, that I said her drawing is excellent! A+ from me. Thanks for sharing.
Wow, her butterfly picture is amazing. She is a great little artist. Can't wait to see your butterfly garden. Have a great day!
Post a Comment