Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Baking Day

This morning was baking day.  Every week I bake bread from scratch using homemade starter.  I make a refrigerator dough the night before then use it the next morning.  I think I fit sometimes into a life a hundred years ago.  I love baking bread and I love the simple things of life :)  Granted there are some great benefits we have now, but I really like the simplicity of life as it was many years ago.  When Mary woke up, I went in and kissed her on her forehead and said I have made fresh cinnamon rolls and her little face just lit up!  Homemade bread made with starter is so good for you.  It breaks down the gluten so it is easier for you to digest and is has so many healthy bacteria in it that helps your immune system and the absorption of nutrients.  I know I have much more energy now and sleep so good.  I am so thankful that Rich made the original starter and taught me how to make the refrigerator dough!  Here are a few shots of the bread, cinnamon rolls and smiles from Mary and Mackie.
 
 



3 comments:

Sue said...

Good morning, Elena, I too sometimes feel I was born in the wrong era, as I like the simple things in life. Your cinnamon rolls look so delicious. I can just see Mary's eyes as she wakes up and smells those rolls. ~smile~ She and Mackie are precious. As I am reading this I was thinking you might have posted the starter recipe, somehow I missed it, if not would you mind emailing it and your cinnamon roll recipe to me,...peartreelanefarmhouse@gmail.com..... I too am trying to go gluten free.
Enjoy your day.
Hugs,

Vee said...

Is it the same as sourdough bread? No wonder your daughter is all grins...what a fun morning treat!

JD/ Jill said...

Looks so good! No wonder everyone is smiling!