Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Memories and Joys

I have a very thankful heart today and I think of all I have.  I am so very thankful for a godly and loving mother.  Who cared for me, taught me right from wrong, lead me to Christ and when I got grown was a dear friend to me.  I miss my mother very much but I know I will see her in heaven again one day and what a day that will be!
 

I am so very thankful for my very first Mother's Day being a mom.  What an amazing day that was.  Rich and I dedicated Mary to the Lord that day in church.  We promised the Lord we would raise her in the knowledge and love of Him.
 

I am so thankful for today as I celebrate with my family.  Rich gave me a beautiful bouquet of roses today and Mary wanted to pose next to them.  She is the light of our lives and makes this day so very special to me.

 

Happy Mother's Day!  I have had many happy Mother's Days, and some very sad Mother's Days, but I am so very thankful that the Lord has been with me through it all and He is my foundation, the one who is always there for me and I will never be alone because of His love.

3 comments:

Marlys @ Thisand That said...

Happy Mother's Day Elena.

Miller Racing Family said...

What a wonderful post. Love the flowers! Hope you had a fabulous Mother's day!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely post...and great photos...My Mother's day was quiet...started out visiting the cemetery. Started sad, but ended happy when I got to visit with my daughter and granddaughter.