Mary and I had a lot of fun decorating for Christmas this year.
She fell in love with nutcrackers this year because she will be performing in the Nutcracker ballet her in town. So we went to the thrift store and found some really cute ones. She hung them on the tree next to her ballerinas.
We also decorated the top of the bookcase with a nutcracker theme.
We also got into making coffee filter snowflakes. Paper cutting for Christmas decorations is called Scherenschnitte . It is a Pennsylvania Dutch craft. I found some really great patterns on line and then we made up our own. I really loved doing it and as you can see we filled our front window with them.
2 comments:
Elena, your paper snowflakes are breathtaking! You and Mary must have the patience of Job to carefully cut those beautiful designs.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Debra
Your tree looks so pretty. I love all the snowflakes. I need to make a few snowflakes with the kids. Thanks for the idea.
Post a Comment