A couple of days ago on the 24th was the 26th anniversary of my sweet mom going to heaven. Rich, Mary and I went out to her grave and placed some flowers there. I always try to get roses because that was my mom's favorite. I do it just to remember mom and honor her as I know she is with the Lord in heaven. My sister, Denise, shared the most beautiful thing that my mom wrote, on her facebook page to honor mom. I wanted to share it with you. It was written on a piece of paper without a date on it. It speaks so much of my mother's heart.
" Jesus, My Friend"
"When my heart is heavy and the tears are falling,
I look up to Jesus and know he understands.
And my heart fills to running over
when I think how he understands.
I can see him on his heavenly throne,
longing to come and comfort me
like he could have when he was here on earth.
But Lo! he said that 'I will not leave thee, nor forsake thee'.
So I say, in faith, believing: ' Jesus, I know you understand,
and I give myself to thee.'
All other friends may turn their backs on me,
but Jesus will always love me, no matter what may come.
I now consecrate this body and life to this wonderful friend.
Take it and use it like it was your own body.
All I desire is to be yours, dear blessed Jesus.
May this always be my prayer."
Here is a picture of mom with her favorite flowers and then a shot of the flowers we put out on Monday.


3 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to your mother, Elena, and the prayer your mother wrote came straight from her heart, from one who had an intimate relationship with God! A beautiful photo of your Mom, and the one of you Mary, and Max is precious too!
So nice to visit with you and your family, I am so happy that our permanet phone line is finally installed.
Enjoy your weekend,
Hugs,
Sue
What a beautiful poem. Your mom sounds like such a wonderful Godly woman. The picture of her was so beautiful. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Elena, you have been without your Mother such a long time. A beautiful tradition to leave her favorite flowers -- I am sure she is watching over you and your family with a smile on her face.
Your Mother expressed herself from the heart. Thank you for sharing such a personal tribute with us.
Debra
Post a Comment