Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Fall Crafts

Mary and I have been doing some fall crafts.  Last week one evening after her school lessons we made some fall fairies.  Mary made the one in the pink and I did the one in the blue.  They are now sitting on our piano and do their dancing when we are not looking!
 


 
I made the first pumpkin pie of the season.  I always cook up Mary's Halloween pumpkin and freeze the pulp and use it for pies and bread for the holidays. I usually substitute eggnog for the milk part of the recipe.  It was a nice treat for Rich as he recovered from his hernia surgery.
 
 
We started Mary's Thanksgiving bulletin board.  Last year we did a thankful turkey.  Mary wrote the things she was thankful for on its feathers.  This year we did a thankful tree.  I crumpled brown construction paper to make the branches.  She writes on the leaves the things she is thankful for.
 

No comments: