Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ice Cream Cake

This last weekend was the birthday celebration for my mother-in-law and Mary.  I made my very first ice cream cake.  I got the instructions off the internet.  It was pretty easy.  I just lined 2 glass cake pans with ice cream sandwiches.

 
I let some Rocky Road Ice Cream sit on the counter and get soft.
 
I then made a layer of the ice cream on top of the ice cream sandwiches.  I put it back in the freezer.
 
After it hardened I put a layer of Hershey's fudge on top of the ice cream.

Then I put a final layer of ice cream sandwiches.  This pan I lined with plastic wrap so that after it froze I could turn it upside down and dump it out.

The next morning after it was frozen, I put whip topping in a pastery gun and made little picks all over the top.

I then sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top.
 
I kept it in the freezer until about 15 minutes before we ate it.
 
 
It was a hit!
 
 
If I make it again, I will make one of the layers cake and only one layer of ice cream sandwiches.
 

1 comment:

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to Mary and your dear Mother in law, I have tasted ice cream cake and l enjoy it so much. This recipes looks delicious and I think I could make it, thank you for sharing.
Blessings, Sue