Saturday, September 3, 2016

Stuffed Crust Pizza

Last week I decided to do something different with our weekly pizza.  I always have just a little extra dough that I make bread sticks or a dessert pizza or an extra thick crust.  So I decided to use the extra dough to make a stuffed crust.  I had gotten a couple of packages of cheese sticks on sale and used one package to stuff the crust with.  I rolled out the dough an inch or so larger than my pizza pan and then put the cheese down and wrapped the dough over the cheese.  It turned our great!  So I will be doing it again.  Rich makes a wonderful homemade pepperoni and the dough is made with our sourdough starter.  During the summer I have used sliced fresh tomatoes from our garden on it.  I will include our dough recipe at the end of this post.
 



 
The crust is like a bread stick with hot and bubbly cheese inside.
 
The cheese is really stretchy!! lol
 
1 pkg of Rapid Rise Yeast
4 cups flour
1 Tbls sugar
1 tsp of salt
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
3 Tbls olive oil
1 cup plus a little less that a 1/4 cup of warm water
1 cup of sourdough starter
 
I put all ingredients in a bread maker set on the dough cycle
When dough is finished put in a bowl and refrigerate the dough over night
 
Roll out dough on slightly floured board
Put on sauce and ingredients of choice
Bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes of when crust is golden brown and the middle of the pizza is hot and bubbly.
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments: