We had
a really nice 4th of July holiday. Rich made some of his fantastic ribs with homemade BBQ sauce. His two special ingredients are malt vinegar and pomegranate wine. It has such a wonderful sweet and tangy flavor. I told him he probably could win a contest on that recipe!
Mary had a little count down drawn up on our white board. I think she was just a little excited.
We made our tradition cake. This time I used my Amish cousin's recipe for banana cake. It turned out so good. I have been making a lot of things from scratch now to avoid the enriched and fortified flour. I have been feeling so much better. If you eat a lot of synthetic folate (folic acid) you don't get the iron you need and it slows down the detoxification process in the blood and can make you very tired and as you age, sick. Many illnesses including cancer and autoimmune diseases can be the result of it.
Mary is licking the cake frosting spoon.
She decorated the cake like a flag using blue berries and raspberries. It was so cute.
This the picture that shows that Mary is now taller than grandma!
Rich, Dad and I watched a couple of movies in the afternoon after lunch.
Now we are back home and getting ready for the fireworks.
It was such a lovely evening! The whole neighborhood was lit up with fire works and we could see the Fairground fireworks from our drive way. Here are a few favs from the evening.
We hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment