Last week we went to the county fair. Rich always takes 2 days vacation for the fair, so we can make 2 fun days of it. We do the exhibits and animals the first day and then the rides the 2nd day. We also take in all the great food both days. We have never been to Disneyland with Mary or to a big city zoo, but she enjoys this just as much and we have built so many sweet and fun memories for our family at the fair.
The fair grounds are just on the other side of town, so we don't have to go very far. They had some great new animal exhibits this year. There was a reptile show. They had so many different kinds to look at and they had educational stations that I even learned some things about reptiles that I didn't know. They also had a petting zoo. Mary just adores this every year. She loves feeding the sheep, goats and llamas. They also had an exotic animal exhibit with a baby tiger, a full grown mountain lion, and several other wild cats. Walking through the cow, goat, turkey and pig barns are fun and Mary loves watching the horses perform in the open air arena.
We also took in the baking, gardening, sewing exhibits. I think we are going to make some food entries next year and Mary wants to do an art project to submit. So that will be fun.
We loved the rides. Mary is very much like me as a kid. I. did. not. like. fast. rides. So we all went on the ferris wheel, then she went on the carrosel, mild roller coaster, and her and I went on a twirling ballon ride. She was so happy to get cotton candy each day, her yearly treat. Here are some pics of our fun at the fair and a slide show I put together.
Here is the link to the You Tube video: https://youtu.be/_lAr4TM2hb0

No comments:
Post a Comment