Yesterday was a long day for my hubby. He and another guy had to drive to Brookings to deliver and install a Taylor Ice Machine to a customer over there. A few days earlier his co-worker gave him some homemade smoked salmon! So, I thought I would surprise him and make a macaroni salad. I boiled 2 cups of salad macaroni for 10 minutes, drained it and added 1/3 cup minced smoke salmon, 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion, 1 large Roma tomato finely chopped, 1-2.25 oz drained can of sliced olives, 1 - 7 oz drained can of sliced mushrooms. For the dressing I used equal amounts of Mayonnaise and Ranch dressing (about 1/3 up of each) and then added 2 tablespoons of Lawry's herb and garlic marinade. I mixed all together thoroughly and then put it in the frig for until it got cold. I then cooked some chicken thighs in the slow cooker. When Rich got home, I had the salad and chicken for him. He loved it and it made his day!
I am also sharing some cute pictures of his folks. In October they had their birthdays. His mom turned 80 and his dad turned 84. They were back visiting family in Oklahoma, so when they returned we took them out to dinner at a local fish house. The food was great and we had a lot of fun. Mary just loved when they brought out the cup cakes with candles. She got to help blow out the candles. The waitress took their picture with the restaurant's special fish hat. We are so blessed by having his parents living close by!
4 comments:
YOUR INLAS LOOK LIKE THEY ARE VERY SWEET.
His parents are just adorable!
And that meal you made sounds so good. My hubby is not a fan of macaroni salad, but I love it...if I made this, I would eat the entire thing. :)
Cute pix! :0) My hubby makes smoked Salmon and I never thought to put it in a salad.....yum! You are a good wife to your man!
hugs, Sharon
What sweet pictures and your salad sounds so yummy! I hope you are having a great weekend with your family.
~Kelli
Post a Comment