This weekend was all about getting better! My hubby, Rich, was really sick last week. He doesn't get this sick very often. He had been struggling with allergies the last few weeks and then he caught this terrible cold. He went to work Monday and Tuesday feeling bad. When he got up Wednesday morning, I said, "Honey, you are not going to work!" This time he agreed with me and I knew he had to be feeling bad. He rested all day but was weak and looked very pale. He did a lot of coughing and then in the evening he said he was having trouble breathing. I asked him if he wanted me to take him to urgent care but he said he thought he would be alright until morning. I got a 9:00 am doctor's appointment. He was gone for a long time and I began to worry. He told me when he got back, that they almost put him in the hospital because his blood oxygen was so low. They put him on a breathing machine with medicine in a vapor form and his blood oxygen level went up 5 points. So that was good. They took a chest x-ray and his lungs were clear. So, no pneumonia. Thank goodness. The doctor told him that all the allergies from the spring pollen had aggravated his asthma and set him up for getting this bad cold. So, he gave him a very strong antibiotic and an inhaler. He came home and rested all day and his color looked much better and his cold began to clear up! Poor little Mary felt so sorry for Daddy! She laid on the foot support of the recliner he was in. He didn't want her to get too close, so she wouldn't get what he got. But... the next day she came down with a runny nose and a slight cough. So, we couldn't take her to church. She is recovering quickly. Today she has a very slight runny nose and is running around as usual. Thankfully she has been a very healthy child. She has had no major cold, flu or sickness yet and she is 2 1/2! What a blessing from the Lord. The dear Lord has been easy on us, as He knows how worried we would be if she got really sick.

11 comments:
Hope everyone is feeling better! :)
Love your new blog design.
Beautiful header... I am glad that Rich and Mary are better...
Sorry to hear that Rich has been ill, but happy to hear that he is on the road to being healthy again. I have a double wedding ring quilt like the one that Mary is lying on. Mine is red and white and my grandmother made it for me. I treasure it.
Love,
Enda
Gosh, we are so use to being sick all the time.... its a blessing when we are not. Ive had asthma since i was 5, and the best treatment for any flare up, is the nebulizer machine. you dont need a prescription for the machine itself, but you do for the medicine. It helps clear the airways so that the pollens, bacteria and viruses, dont get as much time to sit and fester during a flare up.... and you almost feel 100% when the treatments are done. This machine has saved my family (and now us) sooo much money when it comes to going to the ER, when basically thats what they start with in the first place. It doesn't replace a primary doctor visit when the symptoms keep coming back, but it does give you a piece of mind... and the ability to breathe! Rich should look into that. Kai ended up with some bronchitis last year, and has allergies, the doctor put him on nebulizer treatments, when needed. Our family has a history of Asthma COPD and lung disease, so he may end up in that direction.
I hope Rich and Mary feel better. We will put them in our prayers tonite. I hate it when kai is sick. Breaks my heart! Kyle is like having another sick child..... haha.
Wendy
Poor little Mary. I'll whisper a prayer for her and Rich.
I love the new look on your blog.
Blessings,
Annie
Sorry to hear that Mary and Rich have been ill, Elena. Will keep them both in our prayers this week and trust that they are soon better.
Much love, Fiona x
PS Love the new look blog!! Very special!!
I'm so sorry for Rich, Elena. I'm glad he's feeling better.
Ben
So glad he’s getting well. You should have let us know sooner so we could have prayed for him. We missed you at church, it was really great Pastor Tim
had all the graduating seniors come up and get prayed for – there were 11 from different high schools. Then he did the whole sermon on a graduation theme.
It was wonderful!!!
Kristine
Sorry to hear your dh and dd have been feeling punky.
Wow, your blog redesign is so neat!
Oh, I'm sorry about this, but so glad they are better. What a darling picture of the two of them in the chair!
Hugs, Sharon
Sorry to hear that your husband and Mary have not been feeling well but glad to hear they are recovering quickly.
Blessings,
Elizabeth
Post a Comment