Monday, July 13, 2009

Christmas in July

I had another fun morning on Saturday going to some neighborhood garage sales. It was Christmas in July! There was a lot of people selling their Christmas stuff really cheap. So I was able to get all our new Christmas decorations for $7! I found a hand painted plywood snow man and woman for a buck a piece. Mary just loves them. I plan on putting them in our yard this winter for Christmas. I was also able to purchase a new Christmas cookie jar and several decorations for $5 total! The last thing I picked up was a couple of family games. We had so much fun playing Yahtzee on the 4th of July that I decided we needed more games. I know as Mary gets older she will really love playing games. I have also included a video of Mary kissing the snowmen and my flower garden and our back yard. We just love hanging out in our yard and watching Mary play. Also this weekend was a special date for Rich and I. July 10th, 8 years ago, Rich called me and asked me out. That is when our walk together started and I always give him a card and red rose to tell him of how happy I am with our life and how beautifully it has unfolded from the very first day!



11 comments:

BECKY said...

You found some great stuff!! And Congratulations on the anniversary of your first date! How wonderful!! God is so very good to us isn't He??

May your week be blessed with wonder and joy!!
Love you,
BEcky

Anonymous said...

Congrats Elena on your anniversary of your 1st date! So much fun to remember all those very special moments, isn't it? I still remember our first date, which is over 29 years ago...and I am SURE my Beloved does too~~lol!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!
Hugs,
Lynn♥

Linda C said...

Hi Elena:) I feel like I just been to your house for visit and you showed me what you got at the garage sale with little Mary! What a nice time I had- Thank you:) Great video!! And some great finds!

Your flowers and backyard are beautiful. You have a lovely green thumb:)

Happy first date anniversary!!

Hugs,
Linda

Sue said...

Hi Elena,
Congratulations to you and Rich on celebrating your first date, I think that is so romantic, I so enjoy coming here for a visit, there is such peace.. Mary is so adorable she was really smitten with Mr. Snowman. And you sure got some great deals at the garage sale too

Elena, your garden is so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Happy anniversary to your and your dh! Dh and I still celebrate our first date anniversary--this year will be our 30th (we started dating as infants, lol!).

I loved the video of Mary, and seeing your lovely yard and garden. Are you teaching her the flower names?

Sorry I haven't been by to visit much lately.

Anonymous said...

What treasures you found. Don't you just love a bargain?

Enda

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! you really picked up some great stuff! Wendy

Myrtle said...

It looks like the Snowman and Snowgirl are just the right size for Mary. Once, I bought a Monopoly game at a garage sale for $1.00. When I opened it up about two weeks later, there were 50 one dollar bills inside. Wow! what a find. LOL Blessings, Annie

FeeBeeKay said...

What a wonderful post Elena, you really got some great bargains there for the year ahead (and I love your oilcloth /tablecloth design under the boxes!!) While you are there in the US teaching Mary her games, we will be doing the very same thing with Amelie! Your love and thoughts for your darling girl, and her Daddy always shine through in every post you do sweet friend! Much love to you all for the week ahead, Fiona x

Anonymous said...

Cool! Kristine

momma said...

wow - great finds :)

thanks for sharing those memories with us!