Monday, February 8, 2010

Angelfish

I was sitting in front of our aquarium yesterday afternoon while Mary was napping, just admiring our angelfish. They have gotten so big. They are 5 inches from fin tip to fin tip. Rich said they will get bigger! They are just so beautiful. Their fins are so flowing and they float so gracefully through the water. That is how they got their name because their fins look like flowing robes. I had no idea that such a pretty fish could be so easily kept in a fresh water aquarium. Rich is the one that has had them before and really loved them. So, that is why I got the aquarium for him for his birthday. He does enjoy them, but I take care of them and have gotten quite attached to them. I guess if they are well cared for, they can live up to 15 years! Amazing! Here are a couple of pictures I took of them this morning.



"Then the Lord said, "Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures..." Genesis 1:20a

Have a blessed Monday dear friends!

4 comments:

Linda C said...

They are so beautiful! You took some great photos of them, Elena:)
I didn't realize they could live so long or get so big! Wow!

And great scripture too!

Have a great week:)
Hugs,
Linda

Becky K. said...

They are so beautiful. We have had fish off and on. We are in an off time now...But the dogs and cats are enough.

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

Your angelfish are very pretty! I especially like the first picture. In the second picture, the angelfish looks like it is smiling.

How large is your aquarium? Will you have to buy a larger aquarium when the angelfish are bigger?

Sue said...

Hi Elena,
As always such a joy to visit. I adore your angel fish, they are beautiful. There is just something special about watching God's creature especially fish.
Thank you for sharing.
Tell Mary hi from me. Hope your week is filled with many more blessings.
Hugs,
Sue